When Love is Not Enough: The Lois Wilson Story
20% off – Online onlyHurry, these special savings are only available for a limited time! Some exclusions apply. Details
Lois Wilson was a woman of great inner strength and determination. Together, Lois and Bill Wilson started movements that have helped millions of people around the world. And together, they’ve given the world an inspiring love story. The two met and fell in love, then married following Bill’s return from World War I. Despite concerns over Bill’s drinking, Lois believed he was destined for greatness. She believed her love and support would eventually persuade Bill to quit drinking. When he finally attained sobriety, he poured his time and energy into helping other drunks, which led to the founding of Alcoholics Anonymous. Lois felt resentment that her patience and devotion were not acknowledged. When she discovered the wives of other alcoholics experienced the same anger and frustration, Lois learned her own experience could be invaluable in helping families of other problem drinkers. This was the beginning of Al-Anon.
- Starring Winona Ryder and Barry Pepper.
- Includes "Making of" featurette, behind-the-scenes interview, biographies, credits and production story.
- Wide-screen version; closed captioned.
- Approx. 110 minutes running time.
- Originally aired 4/25/10.
- Learn more about Bill and Lois Wilson in the DVD My Name is Bill W.
Shop all Hallmark Hall of Fame