The Water is Wide
Regular price $19.98
During the late 1960s, a novice schoolteacher comes to a small island off the coast of South Carolina with the hope of bringing literacy and self-respect to the undereducated, African-American children living there. Mrs. Brown, the school's principal and only other teacher, instructs him to be stern and tough to keep his pupils under control. With unflagging determination and an unconventional style, the new teacher strives instead to inspire the children and involve the whole community in their education.
- Starring Alfre Woodard and Jeff Hephner.
- Includes "Making of" featurette, behind-the-scenes interview, biographies, credits and production story.
- Full-screen version; closed captioned.
- Approx. 110 minutes running time.
- Originally aired 1/29/06.
Use #MyHallmark to share your photos.
Shop all Hallmark Hall of Fame