USA Today proclaims Ellen Foster a surefire hit. This is the inspiring, life-changing story of Ellen Hammond, a girl with a painful past who refuses to give up. After her mother's death leaves her homeless, she vows to find a loving family. Even when she is placed in an unkind aunt's home, Ellen doesn't abandon hope. One morning, she notices an unusual family at church that others call the foster family. The bond the children share with their caring foster mother tugs at her heart. Ellen devises a plan to meet this family and in the process, she discovers that being loved by a family is more important than being related.
- Starring Jena Malone and Julie Harris.
- Includes "Making of" featurette, behind-the-scenes interview, biographies, credits and production story.
- Full-screen version; closed captioned.
- Approx. 110 minutes running time.
- Originally aired 12/14/97.
Shop all Hallmark Hall of Fame