Regular price $19.98
A debt of honor becomes a badge to freedom in this life-affirming winner of two Golden Globe® Awards—Best Drama and Best Actor for James Garner. Judge Albert Sidney has retired from the bench and pretty much from life when he is asked to help a boyhood friend, Gee Penniwell. Gee has refused the government's belated attempt to award him the Medal of Honor. Delving deeper, the judge is confronted with his friend's bitterness about World War II and the silent war he and Gee, a black man, have maintained for 30 years. As the two men confront their pasts and their prejudices, they learn the meaning of courage, friendship and forgiveness.
- Starring James Garner, Judith Ivey, Bill Cobbs, Ruby Dee and Laurence Fishburne.
- Includes "Making of" featurette, behind-the-scenes interview, biographies, credits and production story.
- Full-screen version; closed captioned.
- Approx. 110 minutes running time.
- Originally aired 12/2/90.
Use #MyHallmark to share your photos.
Shop all Hallmark Hall of Fame