What it is
Riding the Bus with My Sister is inspired by the autobiographical book written by Rachel Simon. In the film, Andie MacDowell plays Rachel, a successful, driven New York fashion photographer, and O'Donnell plays the part of her developmentally challenged sister, Beth. When their father dies, Rachel comes home to be with her sister for what's supposed to be a short visit. The irony is that Beth—the developmentally challenged character—is light years ahead of the suave Rachel in terms of how she deals with life, her capacity for love and understanding—to say nothing of sense of humor, director Anjelica Huston explains. This is a story of acceptance and love.
- Starring Andie MacDowell, Rosie O'Donnell, Richard T. Jones, D.W. Moffett and Robert Maxwell.
- Directed by Anjelica Huston.
- Includes "Making of" featurette, behind-the-scenes interview, biographies, credits and production story.
- Full-screen version; closed captioned.
- Approx. 110 minutes running time.
- Originally aired 5/1/05.
Our service and delivery
- We’ll send you an email letting you know your order has been shipped by FedEx Ground. Your email will include tracking information.
- If you need your order delivered quickly, Hallmark can send it via FedEx 2-Day Air or FedEx Standard Overnight for an additional charge.
- FedEx does not deliver to post office (PO) boxes, U.S. territories or Overseas Military Mail (APO/FPO) addresses.
- Saturday delivery and Priority Overnight options are not available from FedEx.