What it is
John Corbett plays Mike Kersjes, a special education teacher who helps his students achieve their impossible dream: to attend Space Camp at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville, Alabama. Their inspiring journey is based on a true story. Space Camp is a competitive educational program. Although it was designed for gifted science students, Mike decides participating in the summer program would do wonders for the self-esteem of his young, special ed students—especially one who wants to be an astronaut. Kersjes is aided in his mission by another teacher, Robynn McKinney (Jessy Schram). He faces incredible obstacles to make his impossible dream become a reality. But it was after they were finally given the green light that the real challenge began—how to get kids with Down syndrome, Tourette’s, learning disabilities and emotional problems to coalesce into a team. After nine months of rigorous training and preparation, the class molded itself into a working team where they turned in a performance so surprising that it will leave you amazed.
- Starring John Corbett, Jessy Schram, Logan Huffman, Moira Kelly and Cynthia Watros.
- Includes "Making of" featurette, behind-the-scenes interview, biographies, credits and production story.
- Wide-screen version; closed captioned; English subtitles for the hearing impaired.
- Approx. 110 minutes running time.
- Originally aired 1/29/12.
Our service and delivery
- We’ll send you an email letting you know your order has been shipped by FedEx Ground. Your email will include tracking information.
- If you need your order delivered quickly, Hallmark can send it via FedEx 2-Day Air or FedEx Standard Overnight for an additional charge.
- FedEx does not deliver to post office (PO) boxes, U.S. territories or Overseas Military Mail (APO/FPO) addresses.
- Saturday delivery and Priority Overnight options are not available from FedEx.