Beyond the Blackboard
Regular price $19.98
When Stacey Bess gets her first teaching job, she’s shocked. It’s not at all what she expected. Stacey (played by Emily VanCamp) is assigned to something called the "School With No Name," a space in a homeless shelter that’s supposed to be a classroom. The children are all ages, many from broken families, thrown together in a "classroom" lacking essentials like desks and books. Stacey must tackle her own fears and insecurities as she works to gain the attention and respect of her young students. Using her compassion and determination, she takes on both nervous school board officials (Timothy Busfield and Treat Williams) and apprehensive parents. Eventually she transforms the barren space into a warm, comfortable environment where the children not only acquire knowledge, but also self-respect and a measure of dignity. Beyond the Blackboard is inspired by a true story.
- Starring Emily VanCamp, Timothy Busfield and Treat Williams.
- Includes "Making of" featurette, behind-the-scenes interview, biographies, credits and production story.
- Wide-screen version; closed captioned; English subtitles for the hearing impaired.
- Approx. 110 minutes running time.
- Originally aired 4/24/11.
Use #MyHallmark to share your photos.
Shop all Hallmark Hall of Fame