Do what you love-and get paid well for it
Sometimes you have to make sacrifices to do what you love for a living. Like a competitive salary, manageable hours, decent health care or a 401(k).
A career at Hallmark is different. You get the best of both worlds working here—a great outlet for doing what you love and the compensation and respect you deserve. This philosophy, founded by J.C. Hall a century ago, is still reflected in Hallmark's competitive benefits package today.
Health care options you can afford
- A comprehensive and affordable medical plan with employee-paid premiums well below the national average
- Dental and vision plans
- An annual out-of-pocket maximum for both medical and prescription drug costs
- Flexible spending plans
A strong financial future
- A Profit Sharing Plan that helped lead the Kansas City Star to name Hallmark its "Employer of the Year"
- A 401(k) Plan with a company match of 60 percent of the first 5 percent of your savings
- Access to investment knowledge, including on-site classes as well as an online advice service
Work/life balance for peace of mind
- A paid time off program combining vacation, illness and other absences into one generous bank of time
- Opportunities for flexible and part-time schedules
- Counseling and referral programs for child and elder care, discounts with local caregivers and back-up care for sick children
- A tuition reimbursement program
- Opportunities to further develop your skills and education
- Services at headquarters that save time, such as banking, an on-site medical facility, dry cleaning and meals to go
- Shopping discounts on Hallmark merchandise, Hall's department stores and Crown Center, one of Kansas City's leading retail and entertainment centers
- Support for the arts through a number of generous discounts (Hallmark employees love that they only have to pay half the cost of season or single-event tickets for tons of music, dance and theater events)
- A fitness center with access to exercise equipment and fitness classes
Best Places to Work for 2011
Highlighting the top companies who are Hallmark has been recognized as one of the "Best Places to Work" by the Human Rights Campaign based on our 100% score on the Corporate Equality Index 2011 (CEI) survey for our support of equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) employees.
Hallmark named one of 2011 Working Mother Best Companies
Highlighting the top companies who are paving the way for new moms and families everywhere, today Working Mother Magazine selected Hallmark as one of the 2011 Working Mother 100 Best Companies. Hallmark earned this distinction because of generous benefits such as flextime hours, telecommuting, paid maternity leave, and employee assistance programs.